Tuesday, November 20, 2007


Getting Berber with it. Or at least my hands would say so. Here they are covered with Henna in the typical Berber way, you place a blob of gooey Henna in the middle of your hand and cover it with plastic bags overnight. I however, took it off after about 3 hours… it’s really hard to do anything when you have bags tied over your hands and all you have is little numbs. Anyway, I did the Henna as part of our going away party in Hdida. Yup that’s right, I’m done with training in Hdida… and I’m very happy to move on to my final site, Assoul.
But first there’s Fez for swearing in as an official Volunteer and Thanksgiving. Nothing much to report other than I had a language proficiency test today, which I guess I survived. I basically know just enough to get by, which is sad but the dialect I’ve been learning and what I will have to learn in my new site are pretty different. So I get to learn the whole language over again. But what can you do?
Anyway, not much else is going on. Just finishing packing all my stuff to take to Fez, it will be my second to last time that I have to pack it all up, amen. I can’t even count how many times I’ve packed and unpacked in this country, ugh. So, that’s it for now… tomorrow I’ll travel 12 hours to Fez!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Funny - my hands look exactly the same right now! You're sure to be a hit in Assoul :)

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.