Friday, September 21, 2007

Off to a small mountain village tomorrow called Hdida, dont bother looking for it on a map becuase the chances of finding it are slim to none. If you do want to know where I'll be... look up Kalaa Mgouna... Hdida is about 6 km up the mountain from there. Anyway, it's supposed to be a beautiful mountain village with lots of greenery and it's supposed to be cold (a very welcome releif from the heat of Ouarzazate). So, tomorrow I finally get to meet my first host family the family I will be staying with on and off for the next 3 months. All I know is that the father is retired, the mother is a housewife(of course), they have a 13 year old daughter and the grandmother of 56 lives with them too. Can't wait to meet them! So i will be in this town for the next 9 days, then back in Ouarzazate for a few ,then back with them, and so forth for the next 3 months. I will have running water and electricity there but I do not think there will be internet since there is only one store in town... and it's ramadam which means hours for everything is a little screwy. The good news is that I will be there with 4 other trainee volunteers plus a volunteer who has been living there for a year and of course my teacher. In addition to this I do have a cell phone here now. It's ridiculous for me to call anyone living on what I have because it's so expensive but if you want my number I'll be happy to give it to you, just send me an email.
and now onto Hdida... here comes the real test... sounds good to me.

5 comments:

debbiec said...

Glad you have meet your host family and seem to be comfortable there. Also happy to hear you will be there with other peace corp volunteers. It's so interesting hearing from you and look forward to hearing about your adventures. Have a wondeful time and know we are all thinking of you. The host family is very lucky to have someone like you with them! Love you! Take care and have the time of your life. Debbie C

k.villa said...

sounds good...and it is so cool to be able to follow your journey just know you are loaded down with all of our good thoughts and wishes and we are sending all our positive energy your way.........you are language talented with the knack and just know nobody speaks another language without booboos.........love you..k.villa

Anonymous said...

Not worried about you one bit. Sounds amazing. Great that you will get a chance to cool off. And GREEN? How lucky! Cute little american orphan girl getting scooped up in the village! I'll check in when you come off the mountain. All the best Girl!

Unknown said...

Hi, Lins this is dad. I've been reading your reports and it sounds like you're in for a busy/fun time. Sounds like some trying times also but interesting . Hope it all that you want it to be . All our love!

vivacious said...

Hook me up with your digits!!! I can't wait to hear more about the town and family!!! So exciting!! OXOXOXO-Sis