Sunday, May 4, 2008




Dancing women, camels, and cats, oh my. Actually, nothing really new to write about, just wanted to put something up though. The first image is of some women dancing at a party I attended last week. It was basically a harvest party, the women went out to the mountains at 6 am and came back around noon with large bundles of wood. Later we ate and the women danced and sang, it was a rather typical Berber party.
The next image of lovely camels walking relatively near where I live. The nomads generally don't bring them this far north but there is no water in the Sahara (go figure) this year.
And last but not least the adorable and very pregnant Han Shush (Peter's cat) She looks like she'll have the kittens any day now, trust me if you could see that belly in real life you'd understand. In her pregnancy days she has slowed down immensely and basically sleeps all day and night now. Can't wait to claim one of her kittens.

4 comments:

Briana said...

hahahahaha. poor shush. has she popped yet?! i want to see the new babies!

Anonymous said...

Whoa, that kitty has cool markings. Can't wait to see what the kittens look like. They'll be a lot cuter than camels. Huh, I wonder what camel babies look like. I don't think I've ever seen a picture of any . . .

linda

Casa dos Teeples said...

just a random comment from a random RPCV... funny to see those beekeeping suits... they are almost exactly the same as the ones we were issued when I was a volunteer in Morocco almost 20 years ago!! i worked with women's coops, primarily focused on beekeeping. the vast majority of the coop members were terrified of bees... made for some interesting outings!! have fun and enjoy yourself, you will look back on this in future years.

Jobs retail said...

It seems like a wonderful party. I am so excited for Han Shush. I can't wait to see the cute kittens anytime soon.