Thursday, February 21, 2008

Finally, pictures of my house. I think they are fairly self explanitory but I'll give a quick run down. The first picture is of my garden. Also known as the place I spend the most time in because the sun is nice and warm during the day... and my house of cement is freezing all the time. I have two peach trees and a couple lovely grape vines, I'm hoping to add some more things like basil and tomatoes pretty soon.


This of course is my lovely trukish toilet and my showering room. Having both is a privledge and although it is still cold here I try to bath at least once every 3 or 4 days. The buckets in my toilet room store water since I only have running water for an hour a day.

My bedroom, it's great. I decided to sew the lovely curtain, not too bad considering I did it by hand. It's a small cozy room and I have come to enjoy it very much... having a real bed is sooo nice.
This is a big open hallway really, we decided to move one of Peter's rugs he wasn't using and call it an additional lounge area.
My kitchen area is great. I have more counter space than most Moroccan kitchens, in the process of trying to find tiles to finish it though. And yes that's the garden which connects to the kitchen.
The hall way from my front door to the kitchen. On the right is a door to the room pictured below, to the left is my open hallway and bedroom.
The entertainment room which has gotten very little use yet, but hopefully soon. It's hard to show how big my place really is in pictures. The rooms are all pretty open and there are a considerable amount of windows which means my place has a nice amount of natural light through the day, yet another rarity in most Moroccan homes. I have pretty high ceilings which I just think makes the place look even bigger too. Among the things I didnt photograph, a second bedroom I use for storage, an indoor cement courtyard, and a second entrance. Oh how nice it is to finally settle into my own place. A place I'm loving more and more as I make it my own.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

House looks great! Can't wait to visit (ha-ha) Actually looks not so bad, always enjoy the pics. can't believe its only been 6 months since you left seems like an eternity! Can't wait to see you in Sept. Got your post card finally. Miss you like crazy! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Lins.....your house looks so.. you..and I am happy you are doing so well.I am also sure you are making an impact on the people you are there to teach and help to find ways to expand their talents and their worlds. I am sending you all my best thoughts! K.Villa

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Linsey-
Your home looks wonderful! Every single time you post here and explain of each thing about your life, you prove to me more and more of what a wonderfully brave and strong woman you must truly be!! Those curtains are fabulous, better than what I could do by hand, and I think the house looks great!!! It makes me realize all the things we take for advantage here. I am sure it's opened up your eyes as well. Just the simplicity of running water. That is such a beautiful thing you are doing there Lins! Congrats to you for being so strong and having such a HUGE heart! We all luv you for that!!! Take care of yourself! Be safe and we miss you! Sarah Moore