Sunday, December 30, 2007

Pictures galore. I'm not exactly sure what order these will post as so here's a general recap. The first image is of my site mate Peter with his adorable and slightly crazy cat HanShush, a very Merry Christmas picture complete with the teddy bear my mom sent to me. The next image is of my other site mate Alex putting a cigarette bud out on Peter's heal because it's so calloused. Needless to say it was hilarious. Then there's the image of me taking off the top of my apple off because it caught on fire in the stupid Moroccan oven. Hmm, i'm going to have to rethink my hopes of becoming an excellent baker here.



















And then there was L3id. Here are a few of the many gorey pictures I have. Alex and Peter decided to buy a sheep and slaughter it in honor of the holiday, yummy. And L3id wouldn't have been complete without a lovely group picture by the freshly slaughtered sheep (as it's still getting skinned).
But really it was all pretty fun. I ate lots of strange sheep organs which included heart, liver, intestines, lungs, stomach and balls (yup the balls). My stomach however did not agree with most of this, let's just say a week later I am still sort of in recovery.
Christmas was better than I expected I got to hang out at Peter's house and cook and watch "A Christmas Story" (thank you mom!) I got my Christmas package from my mother exactly on Christmas day which was quite possibly one of the nicest surprises ever. Other than all that all I have to say is it's been cold, very cold. It snowed last week, the day before L3id which was beautiful but it only lasted until the afternoon... and even though the sun comes out everyday here it doesn't get very warm. Ok, well I'm off to Rabat for some Peace Corps stuff on Thursday and on Saturday I get to hang out with my bestest friend from stage in Azrou! Yay!
Happy New Year everyone!

4 comments:

vivacious said...

yo little sis...so good to talk yesterday!!! Who's the little kid with Peter? He looks sweet, BTW! Glad you have a friend to bug! Lovely pics!!! Keep them comin! Hope your gift comes soon!!!
OXOXOXO-Stac

Briana said...

well i am currently killing time at the cyber, waiting for the ice to melt so that a taxi will take me, yes, your bestest friend in staj, to see you. ahhhhhhh!!!!! also, i love your blog dearly

Anonymous said...

You are very brave! Sheep organs . . . I hope everyone was very impressed! But of course it's just the normal fare there. And cold? We have cold and snow, Morocco shouldn't be cold! I'm enjoying the pictures and the look into another culture. Happy 2008. Linda S.

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.